Jenny will take the reins at the end of April 2019
Camelot UK Lotteries Limited (‘Camelot’), operator of the UK National Lottery, today announced that the current Head of Retail Operations, Jenny Blogg, will become its new Retail Director. She will take the reins from outgoing incumbent, Duncan Malyon, at the end of April 2019.
Jenny has over 18 years retail experience – a decade of which has been spent at senior level, and so brings to the position a wealth of knowledge, as well as proven retail and commercial acumen, based on experience across buying, field sales, national account management and category development.
She has held positions at numerous leading UK and global companies, spending five years at Cadbury UK in various managerial roles, before becoming part of the multinational confectionery, food, and beverage company, Mondelez International in May 2012, during which time she was responsible for Field Sales, Sales Transformation and the Biscuits and Snacks Categories for Tesco.
Jenny joined Camelot in September 2017 as New Business Development and Retail Strategy Manager, quickly rising up the ranks to Head of Retail Operations in August 2018.
In her new role, Jenny will report into Neil Brocklehurst, Camelot’s Commercial Director, and will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of Camelot’s retail operations, building on from Duncan’s excellent work.
Of her appointment to Retail Director, Jenny said: “I am both proud and delighted with being made Camelot’s Retail Director. The National Lottery is one of the UK’s leading brands, and generates around £30 million, on average, each week for Good Causes – making a real difference to the lives of people and communities across the UK. This success story simply wouldn’t be possible without the advocacy and enthusiasm of our retail partners.”
Neil Brocklehurst, said: “I am delighted to announce that Jenny Blogg will become our new Retail Director. With such an extensive background in retail, and her already strong understanding of Camelot and the way the business operates, Jenny is the ideal person to build on the excellent work we have been doing in the retail channel, and will ensure we continue to work with our retailers to maximise returns to Good Causes.”
– Ends –
For further information, please contact:
Camelot Press Office: 020 7632 5711
Notes to Editors:
• Camelot UK Lotteries Limited is the licensed operator of The National Lottery® and is committed to raising money for National Lottery Good Causes designated by Parliament. Camelot is not responsible for distributing or awarding these funds.
• On average, Camelot generates around £30 million each week for National Lottery-funded projects. In total, over £39 billion has now been raised and more than 535,000 individual grants have been made across the UK – the equivalent of around 190 lottery grants in every UK postcode district.
• The National Lottery has so far awarded over £69 billion in prizes and created more than 5,100 millionaires or multi-millionaires since its launch in 1994.
• Retail remains the largest National Lottery sales channel – with over 75% of total sales coming through in-store terminals.
• For further information on Camelot, The National Lottery and its games, please visit: www.camelotgroup.co.uk and www.national-lottery.co.uk.
• Players of all National Lottery games must be aged 16 or over.